iFindBikes - The Ultimate Bike Share iPhone Application
Check out the demo of iFindBikes on YouTube:
iFindBikes: The Bike Sharing iPhone App that lets you discover cities
The city is best explored on a bicycle and travelling by bike really makes the city feel closer, more personal. Many cities around the world are now equipped with a bike sharing system, offering locals a greener way to commute and tourists an alternative way to travel within the city.
To get the most of bike sharing systems around the world, all you need is the free iFindBikes iPhone app serves 12 cities and 5 countries. Green alternatives to transportation continue to grow, as does the market for renting bicycles in metropolitan areas.
Here’s how to use the iFindBikes App
1) First, check if your city is supported by the app. Here’s the list, for easy reference:
- In USA: Boston (Hubway™), Miami (DecoBike™), Minneapolis (NiceRideMN™), Washington DC (Capital Bikeshare™)
- In Canada: Montreal (BIXI™), Toronto (BIXI™)
- In UK: London (Barclays Cycle Hire™)
- In Australia: Melbourne (Bike Share™)
- In France: Avignon (Vélopop™), Montpellier (Vélomagg’™), Saint Etienne (Vélivert™), Valence (Libélo™)
2) Then, download the app for free from the App Store onto your device. Click here to get started.
3) Once it’s on your iPhone, open the app and you’ll get a map that will help you find the closest place where you can rent a bike. Tap on a pin to find out how many free bikes that station has, as well as how far it is from you.
TIP: The green pins are the places with the most bikes for rent.
4) Go to your station of choice and rent a bike to start your biking experience!
- Weave through traffic or take the scenic route. Travelling by bike lets you go places at your own pace.
- Visit the park, cycle to work, run some errands or just enjoy in the sights of the city.
5) When you get to your destination, open up the app once more to find a station where you can drop off your bike. Tap on a pin to see how many free docks and how far a station is from you.
TIP: The green pins have the most free docks available.
6) Deposit the bike at the station and be on your way.
More features …
You can even add your favorite bike stations to the app for quick access later on. There’s also a search function to check if there’s a station where you’re going, so you can plan your trips ahead of time.
Always trying to provide the best service, new cities are being added to iFindBikes on a regular basis, allowing its users to enjoy the app in more locations all the time.
If you want to bring back the thrill of biking around the city, iFindBikes is the perfect companion app for you. Enjoy the convenience of biking wherever you want to go without having to worry about fixing, maintaining and actually owning a bicycle.
John F. Kennedy said it best, “Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.”